Eve Muirhead: Olympic champion announces retirement from curling

Olympic curling champion Eve Muirhead has announced her retirement.

Muirhead skippered Team GB to gold at the 2022 Winter Olympics in Beijing, adding to bronze from Sochi 2014, as well as claiming both world and European titles.

"After 15 years of international curling and 21 international titles I have made the hardest decision of my life to hang up my curling shoes and retire," Muirhead said in a post on social media.

Eve Muirhead

"Throughout my career and like most athletes, I have experienced both the highest of the highs, (becoming an Olympic champion) and the lowest of lows and at times the future seemed very distant. It's been an emotional journey, but a journey that I am incredibly proud of.

"Behind every athlete is a team and I have had the opportunity to work with some of the best and therefore there are many thanks to be made. I can't thank everyone here, but will do so individually, I hope, over the coming weeks."

Comments