Starting out, I didn’t think I’d last seven days: veteran entrepreneur Bikram Dasgupta

“Even God didn’t understand me, which is why he has given me so much. I’ve got much more than I deserve,” is how Bikram Dasgupta, 71, explains his success story. Over the last quarter of a century, BDG (as he is fondly known), proved to be an innate innovator with “a fertile mind” (as described by Shiv Nadar).



An integral part of the cohort of IT revolutionaries who put India on the global entrepreneurial map in the 1980s and ’90s, Dasgupta proceeded to diversify at the turn of the century, stepping into infrastructure, education and philanthropy. Currently the founder and executive chairman of Globsyn, Dasgupta, who celebrates 25 years of his work-life in Kolkata this month, is far from done.


My Kolkata caught up with Dasgupta at The Oberoi Grand to explore his relationship with Kolkata, his lessons from entrepreneurship, the nature of his present life in Dubai and more. Edited excerpts from the conversation follow.


Read More : https://www.telegraphindia.com/my-kolkata/people/veteran-entrepreneur-bikram-dasgupta-of-globsyn-opens-up-on-his-business-journey-philanthropy-family-life-and-relationship-with-kolkata/cid/1897502

Comments