"Thought It Was Nut, I'm Traumatised": Mumbai Man Finds Finger In Ice Cream

A shocking incident of a human finger being found in an ice cream has been reported from Mumbai. Orlem Brandon Serrao, a doctor residing in the suburbs of Malad, had ordered the cone ice cream online from Yummo Ice Creams, but was left traumatized when he noticed an unusual element inside.

A photo shared online shows a human finger sticking out of the ice cream.

finger in ice cream, Yummo ice cream, Mumbai news
Human finger in icecream.

Mr Serrao, sharing his harrowing experience in a video, said he first thought it could be a nut, but luckily did not swallow it.

"I had ordered three cone ice creams from an app. One of them was a butterscotch ice cream of Yummo brand. After eating half of it, I felt a solid piece in my mouth. I thought it could be a nut or a chocolate piece and spat it out to check what it was," said Mr Serrao in a video statement.

He quickly spat it out to examine it and was shocked seeing it was a human finger.

"I am a doctor so I know how body parts look like. When I carefully examined it, I noticed the nails and finger print impressions under it, and it. I was traumatized," he said.

Dr Serrao immediately put it in an ice pack so he could show it to the police and filed a complaint with the Malad police.

A case has now been registered against the Yummo brand for food adulteration and endangering human life. The cops have also sent the ice cream for investigation and the finger for forensic analysis.

The presence of a body part in the food item has also raised suspicion of a conspiracy and further probe is on.

Comments